VISTA Volunteer – Community Outreach, Volunteer Relations, and Fundraising
You can earn money for education while making a difference in your community! Supportive Housing Coalition of New Mexico is currently recruiting for a VISTA member to join them in their effort to end homelessness in New Mexico. The SHC-NM VISTA volunteer will work to increase community awareness and involvement in Supportive Housing Coalition of New Mexico by assisting with annual fundraising events, direct mail campaigns, social media campaigns, outreach events, and advancing the Volunteer Program at SHC-NM
- Assist Resource Development department with development and coordination of fundraising campaigns to include staff and volunteer recruitment, event logistics, marketing, solicitation of donations, sponsor recruitment, newsletters, and donor acknowledgement
- Represent SHC-NM at community outreach activities and update presentation materials, activities, and evaluation tools for Community Outreach Program
- Work with partner schools, teachers, businesses, and volunteers for SHC-NM Service Learning Project
- Develop social media outreach, print materials, and community presentations for volunteer recruitment
- Assist Resource Development in event planning, database management, volunteer recruitment
- Passionate about mission to end homelessness
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written, computer, and public speaking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
- Experience with databases, social media, and graphic design preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Experience working with volunteers and school age children preferred
- 18 years or older; valid driver’s license; required background check
- Complete AmeriCorps* VISTA Volunteer Pre-Service Orientation
Please email a cover letter, resume, and the names and phone numbers of three references —at least two must be professional or academic—to email@example.com by Friday, September 1st.
VISTA will serve full-time and make a year-long commitment beginning November 2017. During their year of service, VISTA members immerse themselves in the community that they serve to empower agencies and communities working to eradicate poverty. VISTA members are excellent team players and are interested in growing personally and professionally during their year of service.
VISTA positions are open to all US citizens, nationals, and lawful permanent resident immigrants age 18 or older. Members receive a modest living allowance of $472 biweekly and support with childcare if needed. Other benefits include student loan forbearance or deference and a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or post-service stipend.
More information can be found on the VISTA Campus: http://www.vistacampus.gov/